RUNNERS' CLUB OF GREATER CINCINNATI BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 5, 2006
(at the New Dubliner Restaurant)
Members Present: Tom Glasscock, Todd Hofacre, Mike Moyer, Kate and Carl Rich, and long time member David Nelson
1. Membership dues are due now, as the due date is March 1. Todd will send an email reminder in April and a postcard in May for delinquent members.
2. Mike will post a reminder in the next email newsletter.
3. Club coupons are now available. These will be distributed at volunteer events and can be used toward membership, races and parties. First coupon can be redeemed for $4, the next for $3, then $2 and subsequent coupons will be redeemed for $1.
Valentine's Day Race (February 12,2006): Raised approximately $1800 this year, which will be split with NKU Athletics.
Newsletter: Tom Glasscock may have a possible replacement for the club newsletter. Tom needs to get with
Amy to get the newsletter software. Discussion centered around printing the newsletter. When it was in color, it was a time consuming process to print and the black on white the last few times did not look professional. Professional printing costs for a black & white newsletter is about $400. David Nelson suggested to keep the black and white but print it on colored paper. The board will look further into the newsletter at the next meeting.
Heart Mini-Marathon (March 26,2006):
1. About 20 people showed up for the Bag stuffing dates on Wednesday, February 22, 2006. The bag stuffing lasted about 2.5 hours and about 2500 bags were stuffed. The next bag stuffing is Monday, March 6, 2006 from 6:00 PM-9:00 PM. Volunteers will be needed to stuff bags for Heart-Mini Marathon. Bag Stuffing will take place at American Heart Association office on Vernon Place.
2. Mike contacted the Westin and reserved two adjoining rooms for the Heart-Mini-Marathon. It will be up to the hotel manager whether we can get an actual suite and will not find out until the week before.
3. Volunteers are needed for the booth for the mini-marathon. Hours for the booth will be approximately from 10:00 AM -4:00 PM. One hour would be good but two hours great. David Nelson offered his services for about one hour. The board would like a better spot than last year as fewer people went by the booth and it was difficult for club members to find. Mike Moyer will talk to Karen from the AHA about a better location.
4. A couple volunteers will be needed to hand out water for the 5k and 15k runs.
Next Club Happy Hour: After much discussion, the next club happy hour will be Wednesday, April 12, 2006, 6:00 p.m., at Andy's Mediterranean Grill in Walnut Hills. David Nelson's running group will be joining us. Kate and/or Carl will confirm arrangements with Andy's.
Club Picnic: The board decided that this year's picnic will be at Lunken Playfield. Date will be determined at the next meeting.
Memorial Day Race:
1. The Memorial Day Race will be combined with the Kicks for Kids this year.
2. The Runners' Club will get $1 per runner for the event.
3. The Race will be called the Runners' Club River Run presented by RGI Design to benefit Kicks for Kids.
4. The race will be held on the Newport Levee on Saturday morning as Cincinnati did not want to have two races on Memorial Day downtown.
5. Awards will be given for the top 50 male and top 50 female runners and the Kicks for Kids race committee is considering Don Connolly to handle the race, which provoked heated discussion about the changes.
Flying Pig Marathon (May 7, 2006, Cincinnati): Peter Wayte was not here to give an update about the meeting the past Tuesday. The board is looking for a new waterstop theme this year. Club members will be given a volunteer registration form and asked to fill it out or find a family member or friend to help with the water stop and enjoy watching the race from a scenic location.
Next Board Meeting: The next board meeting will be Thursday April 6,2006 at 7:00 PM. Note the date and time change. Location details need to be confirmed as Roncker's closes at 7:00 PM.
Todd Hofacre, Secretary pro tem